Client: Amey plc – a subsidiary of Ferrovial S.A, Amey Plc is major player in the provision of services both in the UK and overseas
Role: Commercial Consultant – ASC 6&8 Framework mobilisation and SAP implementation
Remit: To work with existing and new commercial teams to ensure that significant infrastructure maintenance and service provision contracts were mobilised efficiently and effectively.
The role involved: mobilising commercial systems and processes on new contract start-ups; developing and spreading best practice in aligning project controls and reporting requirements with Amey’s SAP ERP system and commercial processes on a range of long-term government highways, environmental and facilities management contracts
- Legacy knowledge of Highways Agency forms of contract and commercial requirements within
- Interpretation of changes from previous requirements and collation of overall requirement into a form that could be communicated to others
- Engagement of internal stakeholders, communication of requirements at a level and in terms which were appropriate for each
- Working collaboratively with teams from inside and outside the Amey business – SAP consultants, commercial freelancers and internal teams mobilising the contract
- Full contract reviews and dissemination to contract teams in appropriate formats
- Implementation of best practice processes to support SAP financial systems
- Producing a series of desk instructions with regard to key tasks that could be shared with the wider business
- Designing and creating strategic reports for executive review on commercial and financial performance and on key client reporting obligations
“I worked with Nick on a few short-term assignments when he was with Causeway and Atkins. I had the pleasure of working with him on a longer term basis when we procured his services to assist us with a SAP implementation for a highways ASC contract.
“He was taken on late in the mobilisation phase and worked hard to align the systems and processes as the requirements developed. He managed to bridge the gap between contract requirements and system constraints as well as develop the commercial team’s interest in what they needed. All of this meant that he had to get grips with SAP and he quickly became something of an expert and completed his assignment by writing user guides and running training with various teams so that could get best use of SAP.
“Nick is a team player who proved himself flexible, turning his hands to anything that was needed not just SAP oriented. He is highly professional, communicated well and always delivered the requirements.”
Stuart Hodgson, Principal Business Improvement Manager at Amey